Hibersense is a CES and SmartHome award-winning technology startup based in Pittsburgh and Boston solving a problem we have all felt, being hot or cold in your own home. It should be comfortable for you, based on how you like your space, not the temperature in the hallway where the thermostat is. Hibersense makes sure that you’re comfortable in every room. Never worry about hot and cold rooms again! And the best part is that the comfort is free, Hibersense pays for itself over time by efficiently reducing energy costs.
Our solution uses sensors throughout the home to learn patterns about when and where heating, cooling, and even fresh air is needed to make sure you’re comfortable. Our central hub uses all of this data along with your input from our app to proactively make adjustments to the space so that it aligns with your preferences by opening and closing our smart vents and controlling our smart thermostat.
Team and Culture
We’re a small team working closely to get things done. We encourage open discussion and experimentation within a casual work environment. Team members have a great deal of flexibility and the opportunity to grow with our fast-growing company.
As a startup company, we need to be flexible and nimble. One of the biggest make-or-break aspects of any company is how it takes care of its customers. At Hibersense we believe in having dedicated time and resources to working with customers for the best experience possible.
As a technical support specialist for Hibersense, it will be your job to support our sales & installation partners as well as our residential clients in the setup, operation, and troubleshooting of their Hibersense systems. You will guide them as necessary in procedures and operations as well as ask them questions to help identity what the issues may be. Many of our support questions are operational in nature and require further documentation.
We seek to systematize as many support needs as possible. Keeping track of the issues faced and resolved is an important requirement of this role, the results of which help you and the team create additional or clarified documentation or product enhancements.
Pre-installation support to set up and pre-configure systems before shipping is critical to ensuring onsite installation speed. This role will be involved with inventory, pre-configuring, and shipping and as a result, will be required to be onsite during working all or most of your working hours.
This particular role does NOT require in-depth technical training or a degree, but it does require someone that is comfortable with technology. Examples of the technology used at Hibersense include Apps, computer software, word, spreadsheets, web-browsers, residential wifi networks, and Bluetooth. You will learn to set up and configure Hibersense systems which include software and hardware devices.
The hours may vary depending on the workload and will primarily be between 12 Noon and 5PM ET Monday through Friday.
- Support the customer through any issues to provide the best customer experience via telephone, chat, email, etc.
- Track and categorize customer conversations via a support system.
- Create reports to share observations and suggestions.
- Become a liaison between customers and the development team.
- Bring to light new features and issues found by customers.
- Pre-configure systems sold, ship, and support installation by technician or homeowner.
- Other duties as required.
Personal Experience and Characteristics
- Comfortable downloading, installing, and operating Apps (iOS & Android)
- Comfortable setting up and working with residential WIFI networks
- Comfortable speaking on the phone to clients that may be feeling stress
- Self-starter who has a bias for action and direct communication with customers
- Organized and efficient communicator dedicated to documenting issues and solutions for future use
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, flexible, “startup” environment.
- Desire to grow your own skills (technical, communication, business, etc)
- Bonus if you have previous experience in this area
- Huge bonus if you have previous experience with HVAC or Smart Home systems
- Able to work in the U.S.
- This role due to its hands-on nature as described above will be based on location in the Boston area (Wakefield, MA).
- Role to begin early to mid-February
Who should apply?
This position is ideal for someone looking for part-time, flexible hours that is comfortable with technology and enjoys speaking with people. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and experiences looking to make an impact at Hibersense and create their own opportunities within the company. This could include advancement to full-time roles in this or other departments as well as continuing to serve a few hours per week helping our valued customers.
Hibersense is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, or physical or mental disability.